FIREARM SAFETY RULES
Firearm safety begins with YOU. Like many useful and indispensable rules, the original version of the firearm safety rules listed below was likely written in blood. To avoid adding your blood as an additional endorsement, it pays to be compliant and avoid becoming complaisant. Never think you are too expert or familiar with guns to slack off on safety.
STAY SAFE. STAY ALIVE. STAY HAPPY.
NRA THREE RULES OF SAFE GUN HANDLING
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
FIVE BASIC RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY
- ALWAYS conduct yourself in a mature and responsible manner
- ALWAYS treat all firearms as if they are loaded
- NEVER point a firearm at anything unless you intend to destroy it
- NEVER put your finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire the gun
- ALWAYS know your target and what is beyond and around the target